Marriage to a partner in Croatia
comes with a number of advantages, including naturalization. Croatian citizenship by marriage
is a process that can be explained in detail by our lawyers with experience in this field. The formalities imposed by the authorities are quite simple, and we can take care of every legal detail. In addition, if you decide to immigrate to Croatia
, we invite you to talk to Croatian lawyers
and find out all the information.
Rules related to Croatian citizenship by marriage
Croatian citizenship by marriage starts with obtaining permanent residence in this country, immediately after marriage. This status is obtained with the help of naturalization. However, there are a number of rules and formalities that must be followed in order to obtain Croatian citizenship by marriage, and among these, we mention:
- Eligible people must be at least 18 years old to be able to apply for citizenship.
- It must be proved that the applicant has already lived in this country for 8 years, without interruption.
- There is no need for proof of residency after marriage to a Croatian citizen.
- Knowledge of the Croatian language and culture will also be required.
- Once the Croatian citizenship is received, the applicant undertakes to renounce the one from the country of origin.
- The application for Croatian citizenship by marriage can be made at the police station from the place where the residence is registered or at consulates. You can learn more about how to relocate to Croatia from our specialists.
We mention that all formalities can be successfully managed by our team of Croatian lawyers
with experience in immigration and citizenship issues. Foreigners interested in opening a company in Croatia
can also use our services because we can handle all the formalities imposed by the relevant authorities. If you want to relocate to Croatia
, do not hesitate to talk to us.
Documents required for Croatia citizenship by marriage
In addition to the marriage certificate which is the most important document to present for applying for Croatian citizenship by marriage, the authorities also require the residence permit, a valid passport, birth certificate, and a copy of the criminal record to prove that there is no criminal history.
Moreover, the authorities may provide special forms requesting other information for Croatian citizenship by marriage. As the procedures may seem complex for those who have never faced such issues, it is better to turn to Croatian lawyers for legal advice. And those interested in how to move to Croatia can call on our legal services.
Benefits of citizenship by marriage in Croatia
Those who obtain citizenship in Croatia can enjoy the same rights as citizens born in this country. Access to free education, health services, social welfare, the right to vote are some of the advantages that come with citizenship by marriage in Croatia. In addition, there are no restrictions on the labor market or travel abroad, and Croatia is involved in the Schengen Area process.
You can learn more about the benefits of Croatian citizenship, but also about how to immigrate to Croatia from our lawyers. We are here to represent you and offer you the best solutions.
Short facts about migration in Croatia
is a country that offers many opportunities to those who want to move here, either for a better life or to get involved in business or investing. Agritourism has gained great value in recent years, and foreigners who have switched the tourist status and discovered that they can have thriving businesses in Croatia.
According to 2020 statistics, around 47% of foreign immigrants are between the ages of 20 and 39 and have preferred Zagreb as their new destination. Here are other interesting statistics, according to Croatiaweek.com
- 20% of immigrants have moved to Zagreb, the capital of Croatia,
- About 11% of foreigners who relocated to Croatia chose the Istria region.
- More than 28% of Croatia's immigrants in 2020 came from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Of the total number of immigrants registered in 2020, about 75% were men.
Why work with our Croatian lawyers
If you would like to move to Croatia
, the proper thing to do is to hire a specialist with experience in immigration matters. He/she knows the legislation and can take care of everything that means formalities and documents, in order to simplify the whole process. The professionalism and seriousness with which we treat each case are our strengths, so you can rely on the legal help provided by our lawyers.