Adaptation to the new social conditions has led many countries to introduce various programs for those who work remotely and can do so from anywhere in the world. Thus, in January 2021, Croatia introduced the digital nomad visa
. This type of visa is a rather temporary residence permit, and in this article, you will discover how it can be obtained. We mention that our lawyers in Croatia
offer you legal support for Croatian nomad visa
How to obtain a digital nomad visa in Croatia
As mentioned above, a Croatian nomad digital visa
is the same as a temporary residence permit in Croatia
. This permit is for citizens of non-EU countries who want to live and work remotely in Croatia. Let's review the Croatian nomad visa requirements
- Croatian digital nomad visa allows you to stay for up to 12 months. Then there is the possibility of renewal.
- The first condition for applying for a digital nomad visa for Croatia is to be employed by a foreign company. Those who have business or work as freelancers are also accepted.
- The passport must be valid for another 3 months after the visa deadline.
- Proof of remote income of at least USD 2,658 per month is needed. A bank account of at least USD 31,892 is also accepted.
- Authorities are demanding a clear criminal record.
- Health insurance valid in Croatia is required.
- You must show a lease contract to prove that you have a domicile in Croatia.
In addition to the above, you need to fill in the standard forms provided by the authorities. This can be done online and you can seek specialist help from our Croatian lawyers. We can tell you more about a digital nomad visa in Croatia.
What are the costs required to obtain a Croatian remote work visa?
Visa and administration fees must be paid to obtain a Croatian digital nomad visa. The application for the Croatian remote work visa can be done at the consulate, and it costs around USD 73. The residence card costs about USD 49.
If you apply to a local police station to obtain a digital nomad visa in Croatia, then the temporary residence fee will be around USD 55, along with about USD 38 for the biometric residence card.
No matter how you want to apply, please note that our Croatian lawyers
can handle Croatian digital nomad visa requirements
. We are at your disposal with specialized legal advice.
Is Croatian digital nomad visa the path to permanent residence?
No, a digital nomad visa in Croatia does not mean that you will obtain permanent residence in Croatia. Please note that this type of visa is a temporary residence permit in Croatia and is valid for 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.
As for permanent residence in Croatia, foreigners must prove that they have lived in this country for at least 5 years, without interruption. Do not hesitate to talk to us if you want more information about Croatian remote work visa. We can discuss more about Croatian digital nomad visa requirements.
Croatia is a good destination for nomads
Croatia is a welcoming country for those who want to work remotely or who want to open various businesses in this country. The business climate is attractive, as is the tax system. As for the economy, you may be interested in the following information:
- In 2020, Croatia had a total FDI of more than $ 32 billion.
- The 2020 Doing Business report ranked Croatia 51st out of 190 global economies in terms of business climate and conditions.
- USD 110 million is Croatia's loan for the Justice for Business project, which runs until 2024.